Sunday, August 19, 2007

Live Well and Die Happy

I am glad that Nellie talked about writing about our lives. I have kind of been struggling lately, nothing huge but my sister Jen (with the two sets of twins) that has been living in Sandy almost the whole time I've been here in Salt Lake is now moving with her whole family to North Carolina and I haven't even been able to think about it much because it sucks so bad. But it is finally this week that it is all happening and it is hard, but I know it is what needs to happen. Anyway, for the most part life is good and I am happy, there are just those challenges that come and go. Anyway, things are pretty good, a little stressful with school starting, etc, but good.
I am about 100 pages into the book and I feel the same way Nellie does about Pip's relationships. I find some of them to be rewarding for Pip and others to be EXTREMELY frustrating - I guess that is how life is though. There have been some fairly poignant lines and quotes that I have liked. My favorites so far are on page 64 and Joe is talking to Pip about life and lying and I just feel like it applies to just about anyone. "You must be a common scholar afore you can be a uncommon on, I should hope!" and "If you can't get to be uncommon through going straight, you'll never get to do it through going crooked. So don't tell no more on 'em, Pip, and live well and die happy." Anyway, there are random events that happen that I haven't been able to tie together much and I think so far there has been some interesting foreshadowing, ie. Estella and Pip. I'm excited to keep reading and see how everything turns out. I'd love to hear others thoughts on this.
Have a happy day!!!

2 comments:

Nellie Jane said...

Lindsey,
Dude! Those are the same quotes I underlined in my book. Nice. Great minds think alike, eh? Sorry to hear about your sister moving, that sucks. She's been such a great friend to you, sorry that she has to go. I know, and so do you, that you're strong enough to get through this and become closer to other friends that may need someone to be close to, ya know? Anyway, thanks for opening up--it makes me feel a lot closer to you! Have a great day!
-Nellie

Lindsey said...

Nels, your great! Thanks for being awesome! I am really enjoying the book and I just read a few more chapters and the more romantic relationships that Pip is facing is almost exactly how my relationships are right now, weird! Anyway, I hope all is well with you! Thanks again!
Lindsey