Thursday, November 22, 2007

Oh ya, I finished this book too

Almost forgot I finished this book. I've moved on to more entertaining things (just finished Redbird Christmas and am now reading Seabiscuit thanks to Nellie's Goodreads, oh and I read Christmas Jars). However, I do think Great Expectations was good for me even though I hated it and will not read it again! If I don't hate a book at least during part of the plot, it probably isn't very engaging. Same goes for movies.

I reiterate that I love Joe. If we could all be kind and faithful and unoffended. I too am so happy for Bitty and Joe, Pip certainly didn't deserve her. I am glad that Pip learned his lesson, though, and that his relationship with Magwich brightened. I was sick for him when Magwich first showed up, even though he deserved whatever came to him at the time.

I don't think Estella deserved such treatment, since no woman does, but she did have it coming.

Miss Havishem (sp?) deserved what she got. Can you believe she was mad that Estella didn't love her?

That's all the additional time I'll devote to this book. Sorry your CD's were lame Lindsey!!

1 comment:

Nellie Jane said...

Congrats Jess! Way to finish up, and I guess move on to a few more! Fun. My friends down here are reading Pride & Prejudice, so I'll be diving into that soon. Happy December!